Date: August 2023
Welcome to Civitech
Civitech PBC and/or its affiliates (”Civitech”) provides a website (https://civitech.io/) and other products and services to you. When you visit our website, use Civitech products or services, use Civitech applications for mobile, or use software provided by Civitech in connection with any of the foregoing (collectively, "Civitech Services"), you agree, on behalf of yourself and others who use any Service under your account, to the following conditions.
Unless otherwise noted, the Website and all features and materials on the Website, including including text, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and other content, and the copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, the “Contents”), are owned or controlled by Civitech or duly licensed by Civitech from its commercial partners and service providers. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or exploit in any way any of the Contents. Unless otherwise specified, the Website and the Contents are intended to promote products and services.
Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
Acceptable Use of TextOut
The following messaging is prohibited for both SMS and MMS on Civitech’s Messaging Platform “TextOut”. It should not be considered exhaustive.
- To engage in messaging that: (i) is fraudulent or violates any applicable law or regulation including but not limited to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Do Not Call provisions of the Telemarketing Sales Rule; (ii) is non-compliant with accepted industry best practice guidelines, (iii) constitutes a threat or attack on any of Civitech’s computer systems or network or other parties’ computer systems and networks, (iv) disrupts or poses a security risk to the Website or Services, (v) modifies Civitech’s Website or Services as offered, or (vi) violates any person’s rights.
- To engage in messaging that is unlawful, threatening, offensive, obscene, libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, abusive, contains tortious material or is racially, sexually, or religiously offensive.
- To engage in messaging that is harassing in nature.
- To engage in messaging knowingly to minors under the age of 16.
- To engage in messaging that promotes, incites or instructs on criminal matters.
- To engage in messaging that is false, misleading or deceptive, or likely to mislead or deceive.
- To engage in messaging that infringes the intellectual property rights or other legal rights of a third party.
- To engage in messaging that uses or asks for a person's unique governmental or banking identification information, including but not limited to, identification numbers such as social security numbers, driver's license numbers, tax identification number, passport, military financial account, credit card or insurance info.
- To engage in messaging for high-risk financial services, third party lead generation, debt collection and forgiveness, “get rich quick” schemes or multi-level marketing, illegal substances, gambling, or for sex, hate, alcohol, firearms, and tobacco (SHAFT).
- To engage in messaging that is otherwise unlawful.
In addition, if you use Civitech’s TextOut messaging platform, you will process immediately all requests from message recipients to opt-out or stop further messaging (e.g., any “STOP” or “Remove me from this list” type messages). Per the Cellular Telephone Industries Association (CTIA) guidelines, Message Senders, in the United States, should acknowledge and honor all Consumer opt-out requests by sending one final opt-out confirmation message per campaign to notify the Consumer that they have opted-out successfully. No further messages should be sent following the confirmation message.
Per CTIA Guidelines, for political messaging, in general, message senders should:
- Obtain opt-in consent to receive messages;
- Ensure that contacts have the ability to opt-out from receiving all future messages from a particular message sender and honor all contact opt out requests; and
- Take steps described in the Messaging Principles to not send unwanted messages.
Violation of this Policy, or authorizing or helping others to do so, may result in termination or suspension of your use of all services provided by Civitech and may also result in civil, criminal, or administrative liability or penalties against the client and those assisting the client.
Any failure to enforce this Policy does not amount to a waiver of Civitech’s rights.